Monday, June 18, 2012

I'm on five cucumber and kale smoothies a day: Dallas legend Larry Hagman tells how he is fighting cancer - by turning into a 'vegan nut'

This is a great and inspiring story. If the links dont work, then
just copy the article title and paste on google...you´ll get it


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2083738/Dallas-legend-Larry-Hagman-tells-fighting-cancer--turning-vegan-nut.html
http://bit.ly/ygt8YP


By Caroline Graham


UPDATED: 12:14 GMT, 9 January 2012


I'm on five cucumber and kale smoothies a day: Dallas legend Larry Hagman tells how he is fighting cancer - by turning into a 'vegan nut'

‘The first thing I did when I was diagnosed was to turn vegan. Now I live on fresh vegetable drinks which taste like c**p but which I firmly believe have helped me get through this thing.’
‘Meat is out. When you learn about these things, you find out how meat is pumped full of steroids and human growth hormones.’
He says he spices up his shakes with ginger, coconut milk and vitamin supplements, including iron and glucosamine for his joints.
‘I exercise every morning. I do light weights – 5lb and 10lb arm exercises – and then lie and lift my arms and legs. It’s all about keeping core strength. I do a lot of stretching too.’
Hagman famously received a liver transplant in 1985 after years of alcohol abuse. He was diagnosed with cirrhosis but doctors then found a cancerous tumour in his liver, which was removed prior to his transplant.
‘I’ve always focused on the positive in life,’ he explains. ‘I get up each morning and go, “Great! Another day.” I would love to celebrate ten years of the new Dallas . I’d be 90. Why would I ever retire? I love what I do and I love my life. Everyone should be so lucky.’



No comments:

Post a Comment