Sunday, April 29, 2012

some favourite quotes by Brendan Behan


“...Actually, I'm a drinker with writing problems.”

I saw a notice that said Drink Canada Dry
and I've just started.

(for any who may not know ´Canada Dry´ is
is a soft drink also known as Ginger Ale)


Ah, bless you, Sister, may all your sons be bishops.

"Other people have a nationality.
The Irish and the Jews have a psychosis."


"There is no such thing as bad publicity
except your own obituary."

"One drink is too many for me and a thousand
not enough." (or as we used to say One drink
is too many and a hundred not enough"..it´s
why I quit at 28).

I have never seen a situation so dismal that a
policeman couldn't make it worse.

The Bible was a consolation to a fellow
alone in the old cell. The lovely thin
paper with a bit of matress stuffing in
it, if you could get a match, was as good
a smoke as I ever tasted.

It is a good deed to forget a poor joke.

The big difference between sex for money
and sex for free is that sex for money
usually costs a lot less.

No comments:

Post a Comment