Friday, August 20, 2010

The following was sent in support of GI war resisters at Fort Hood Texas

The following was sent in support of war resisters
to Under the Hood Cafe-a GI coffee house in Killeen,
Texas. Fort Hood.

Hello,

I just joined your mailing list after watching 'Sir, No Sir'.
Dave Cline was a friend of mine from VVAW.

I don't have/do face book etc. but wish to post this message to
all the troops there:

These wars are illegal, as Pat Tillman once said.
9/11 was a 'False Flag' attack.
It was a deliberate pretext for aggressive war. And our
leaders are war criminals.

It is not Wikileaks who are endangering our troops.
Nor, others who oppose the war.
Those who are endangering our troops-you-
and getting them killed...are the CIA, NSA, the
military and political leaders who send you to Afghanistan,
Iraq, and wherever our military is waging war.

The clique who rule America are waging aggressive war.
It is a war for world domination. We must fight their war plans
until they stand in the criminal dock!

How many more years will this go on?
How many more deaths, horrible wounds and
trauma will it take before our leaders are
forced to stop this criminal war.

This war, like the Vietnam War will end when
the troops refuse to fight anymore.

There is is no draft because the war would have been over
by now if there was a draft.

How many of the dozens of military age young adults of the
Bush clan have put on a uniform to fight? 0!!!

Cheney. Mr. Five draft deferrments from the Vietnam War.

Wars are made by the rich and fought by the poor.

They use mercenaries like Blackwater (now Xe Services LCC),
because they know that resistance to the war will
mushroom among the troops. When it does the fighting will stop.


Major-General Smedley D. Butler, USMC (A by Two-Time
Congressional Medal of Honor Recipient) said and wrote
in the 1930s ''WAR is a racket. It always has been.

A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not
what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small "inside"
group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of
the very few, at the expense of the very many.

I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.'


'How many of these war millionaires shouldered a rifle? How many of them dug a trench? How many of them knew what it meant to go hungry in a rat-infested dug-out? How many of them spent sleepless, frightened nights, ducking shells and shrapnel and machine gun bullets? How many of them parried a bayonet thrust of an enemy? How many of them were wounded or killed in battle?

Out of war nations acquire additional territory, if they are victorious. They just take it. This newly acquired territory promptly is exploited by the few – the selfsame few who wrung dollars out of blood in the war. The general public shoulders the bill.

And what is this bill?

This bill renders a horrible accounting. Newly placed gravestones. Mangled bodies. Shattered minds. Broken hearts and homes. Economic instability. Depression and all its attendant miseries. Back-breaking taxation for generations and generations.'

Those who resist are fighting for justice.

We must resist,
we must resist,
and never give up until we stop thes wars, prosecute our war criminals,
and build a more just society.

Peace be with you

Paul Meuse

No comments:

Post a Comment